Stay featured or remove this badge.
1893 1894 Timetables -Click to Enlarge
Rausch's Crossing above the P&R Rail Line, nearing the large iron and stone trestle over Little Schuylkill River.
Lizard Creek Junction
Starting point for the Pottsville connection.
1893 Schedule showing all locations served.
Blackwood Colliery near Tremont, end of the line. (although there was a connection to 12th Street in Pottsville also). The original Colliery at Blackwood was replaced by a new more advanced structure in 1905. The abandoned breaker was destroyed by fire in 1932. Coal was no longer being mined in Jan 1925 and action to abandon the Blackwood Branch between Blackwood Jct and Blackwood, Pa was officially approved in 1930.
The Village of Blackwood no longer exists.
With the decline of anthracite mining and the increase in transportation of freight by truck, the LVRR ran the last freight on the Pottsville Branch April 3rd, 1953. The trestle and line were soon scrapped.